Friday 17 September 2010

Song Permission

- 3700My first task on creating this music video has been to find out who owns the copyright of the song we have chosen for our music video. I found out that our chosen song, 'I gotta feeling' by the Black Eyed Peas is owned by
(C) 2009 Interscope

This is our chosen song:




I had to set out and find an email address or some way to contact them to ask permission to use the song.

Here is the permission letter that I have sent to the management team.

Dear Online Team,

I am writing in regards to getting permission to use one of the Black Eyed Peas’ songs for a school project.

I am currently attending Gordonstoun School in Scotland, and am an A-Level Media Studies student. I wish to use the song ‘I Gotta Feeling’ to use to put in my music video project. An A Level is the English system of education, and I am currently in my final year of high school.

The use of the track will be solely for education purposes with no profit being made at all from this. The only people who will initially be viewing this video will be the exam board when the coursework is submitted and also my subject teacher.

I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Lisa Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment