Wednesday 1 December 2010

Split Screen Test

Since Kim had tried out the new effect Split Screen, I also decided it would be a good idea for me to become familiar with this sort of edit.
On Premiere Elements, I took 3 clips; One feet shot, one Mid Shot and One head shot.
I then proceeded to use the Crop tool to cut down the clips to get the parts that i wanted of the clip and to focus more on that part.
I then layered the clips on top of eachother so that when the clip was played, all 3 parts played at the same  time on top of one another.

When we eventually get to film again, I think we need to get the shots for this kind of edit to be in to correct position as none of the clips fit together, size wise and it looks a little silly. We need to consider this for the next time we film.

Here is a screen shot of me playing around with the new effects on Premiere Elements.

Here is a quick clip that I made playing with the cropping tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment